An education that inspires students to strive for higher achievement. The Sixth Form is committed to stimulating intellectual curiosity and enabling all pupils to achieve their academic potential.
The Sixth Form believes that education outside the classroom contributes as much to students’ development as their academic studies. Activities also provide essential skills and experiences to equip students for the world outside school. Students are encouraged to participate widely and aim for excellence in order to develop a desire for lifelong learning.
The Sixth Form is known for its happy and friendly atmosphere and outstanding customer care in all aspects of school life. Students are enabled to develop self-discipline, tolerance and understanding, and an awareness of the world around them, in order to become morally and socially responsible citizens. Staff are valued for their expertise and the contribution they make to students’ education.
In addition, we strongly believe in providing opportunities for students to become self-disciplined, courteous and co-operative individuals who show a respect for others and concern for the environment. To achieve this, we work closely in partnership with the students, parents, governors and the local community. We aim to provide a welcoming, caring and safe environment.
- Respect for the beliefs, opinions and contributions of others.
- Self-respect, and confidence without arrogance.
- Courtesy, tolerance and consideration for others.
- Honesty, trust, openness and integrity.
- Loyalty to each other and to the academy.
- Hard work and enthusiastic participation.
- Responsibility for our actions.
- Pride in achievement and excellence.
- The Ockendon Studio School Sixth Form opened in 2012 and caters for 14 to 19 year olds (a school within a school, with a focus on work-based learning).
- Good staff: student ratio.
- Consistent improvement in academic results over 3 years.
- In 2014, The Ockendon Academy was awarded by the Specialist Schools and Academies Trust for outstanding progress and recognised as being in the top 20% of Schools and Academies in the country for progress from year 6 to GCSE level.
- Our leadership and management were deemed ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted 2014.
- Over £400,000 investment in new facilities.
- Good transport links, employment and commercial opportunities in the Thames Gateway.
- Excellent business and community partnerships for projects and work placements.
Please click here to read our information on British Values