The Ockendon Studio School Sixth Form has a high profile nationally (with visits from the Secretary of State for Education, Shadow Secretary for Work and Pensions and educationalists and dignitaries from South Korea, Spain and Germany) so students must dress according to the dress code at all times.
An effective member of the Sixth Form will dress appropriately as a professional thereby establishing them as a role model. Following the dress code policy and the established rules of the school will help instil a sense of integrity with each student.
Students are expected to dress in smart office wear.
Expectations for male students:
- Formal Business Suit (A jacket will be required for all formal occasions)
- Collared shirt
- Formal shoes
Expectations for female students:
- Formal business attire trousers/skirt (a suit jacket will be required for all formal occasions)
- Smart top/blouse – no thin straps, vest tops or t-shirts
- Dresses and blouses should be worn with a collar or with the addition of a jacket or cardigan
- Discreet makeup
- Low heeled shoes (in summer a smart sandal or peep toe shoe can be worn) that is appropriate and safe for walking around the school site
The Sixth Form will expect:
- Discreet jewellery. No visible body piercings (except one small earring in each ear) and tattoos should be covered where possible
- No extreme hairstyles or colours
- Under-garments must be suitably covered from view
- No jeans, leggings or cropped/capri trousers
- Suitable shoes (No trainers, Crocs, Stilettos, flip flops etc.)
The Sixth Form will provide each student with a high quality metal lapel badge and lanyards with identity cards. These must be worn at all times.